Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What A Month!

Whew! I'm ready for September! August has definitely been a trying and tiring month for myself, and probably Nathan too.

So far, Lily has had a stomach virus, an ear infection, another virus, and a case of hives. For never being sick before, she's had it rough this past month.

On a different note, we just got back from our Pressley Family Vacation at Brosnan Forest in St. George, SC. It was a lot of fun, but went by way too fast. The highlight of the trip for me was on Monday when we went kayaking 10 miles down the Edisto river. I thoroughly enjoyed our trip down the river and hope that we'll be able to do it again soon.

While on vacation, Lily discovered a few new foods that she LOVES: raisins, grits and ketchup! On Thursday night we had a fish fry of all the fish (mostly catfish) that the boys caught throughout the week and Lily didn't want to eat anything but the ketchup it was dipped in. She would take her french fry or piece of fish and dip it in the ketchup, lick it off, re-dip and repeat.

Her eczema rash made major improvements while away on vacation... but since she's had the hives, its hard to tell where her eczema ends and the hives begins, so I've been unable to treat it for the last couple of days. I'm hoping that we aren't going to have too major of a setback.

Lily has mastered some new words and is starting to communicate with us more. Recently, she's been saying "Mama" when I come home or walk into the room. It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard and melts my heart every time. She also has been saying other things, like water, milk, Emma... and some others that I can't think of at the moment. My personal favorite is "uh-oh." She says this whenever she drops something and if it happens to be something that she can't get to herself, then she just continues to say it until you pick it up for her. She's also been saying people's names more... She's a pro at saying "Aunt B" (Alice), "GG" and "Papa"... this week she learned to say "Jackie" and she tries to say Uncle Josh or just Josh, but that one is hard for her still. Of course, she's been saying Da Da for a while now and can also say "Nana."

Alice had her first baby shower today, hosted by Jaime "Holmes" Dow. It was fabulous! I knew Jaime would throw a great shower. Alice got lots of cute stuff, and of course, a lot of PINK clothes for little Gabriella! I can't believe her arrival is only about a month and a half away. Time has just flown by (for me anyways)!

Well, that's about all the new news I can think of right now. So I'll add some pictures and call it a night. Until next time!











♥,
Claire

1 comment:

Our Journey Together said...

Too cute! I hope Lily gets better soon!